Art Journal Club
I started Art Journal Club as a fun, live interactive happening. It kicked off during the start of the Covid-19 lockdown orders that so many of us were under, March 2020 and continued weekly for several months. After a bit of a summer and early fall hiatus, I am bringing it back for special episodes with their own themes.
Who can participate?
Art Journal Club is free and open to all ages and artistic abilities. I’ve taught young children to seniors. People who haven’t done anything creative in ages, and artists who need to loosen up. It’s a great way to spend an hour and tap into a fun community of people from around the world.
Here are the materials that you need:
- Art Journal ... or any type of heavier weight paper journal is best, but if you just have plain copy / cartidge paper at home, that will do.
- Pens and pencils, use your favorites.
- Paint. Craft paint is great, but if you have a touch of house paint laying around, that will do.
- Ephemera! I’m talking old magazines, greeting cards, photos (of copies of them), business cards. Things that you haven’t thrown out but aren’t quite sure what to do with.
- Glue! I prefer a glue stick that dries quickly, but use what you’ve got.
How to view Art Journal Club:
I will be broadcasting live on Instagram @MEandBlue as well as on Facebook @MEandBlue.
8 PM UK time - check your local listings especially as time zones get tricky as daylight savings time ends for some of us before others.
Days and themes:
Oct 30, 2020 - "Boo!" (What's spooking you, and what can you do?)
Nov 20, 2020 - "Gratitude" (is the best attitude)
Dec 4, 2020 - Holiday (cards are the coolest)